Besan ki bhindi is simple and delicious. It goes well as a side with roti, chapatti or steamed rice. Bhindi/Okra loves oil so be a bit generous.
1 Onion small (chopped)
3 Green chilli (chopped)
½ tsp Turmeric
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsp Besan (gramflour)
¼ tsp garam masala
3 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
1-2 tsp vegetable oil
Curry leaves few
1. Chop the okra into 1.5 inch pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a heavy base pan. Add bhindi and fry them on a low flame covered.
3. Stir and cook till they are almost done. Place them separately on a plate.
4. In the same pan heat 1-2 tsp oil.
5. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion, green chilli and curry leaves.
6. Saute the onions till they turn light golden.
7. Add the above fried bhindi, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
8. Add besan and toss the mix.
9. Mix till the besan and spices coat the bhindi well (3-5 minutes).
10. Adjust salt.
11. Remove from flame.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot with roti, chapathi or steamed rice.